Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hatin on Jerks

Today I am totes hatin on that song "You're a Jerk" by the New Boyz...my ears are bleeding! Check out the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv9VKKXwVxU

First of all, I hate even puttin this shiz on my site cause I think it's advertisin them way more then they deserve! For the first 49 seconds all they say is, "You're a jerk, I know. You're a jerk, I know." OK OK...sheesh...we get it, you're jerks! At second 50 they start lamely wrapping, but you can't hear them because in the background that same annoying voice keeps repeating "jerk, jerk, jerk, jerk." It is so annoying that I want to bash my damn eardrums out just for it to stop (instead I just change the radio channel). If this qualifies to be on the radio, then I will create a demo of me repeating how awesome I am. That way I will make milly's and instead of cleanin the grease pit at Mc D's, I will be holdin concerts in the parkin lot!

These punks need to take some lessons from incredible rappers like Eminem. Whether you like the guy or not, his raps have content. They tell stories and he raps them with such emotion that you actually feel like you are watching it go down in person (check out "Beautiful" off of his new Relapse album). He is one of the few rappers today that doesn't just repeat the same line over and over and over. He doesn't steal hooks like Flo Rida does in "Right Round". Other oldies, but goodies the New Boyz need to check out are Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg...hell even the horrible Ja Rule is better then these wack ass little boys...or like they like to be called "boyz"....like the spelling makes them that much cooler????

The only thing about their video that I can give them props on is hiring their colorist. That video looks crisp, but is still lacking content just like their music.

Lesson of the Year: Do Not listen to New Boyz or any other musician like them. Lets get some creativity back on our radio waves.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so NOT EVER going to listen to them. Thanks for your visit to my blog. I am looking forward to checking yours out.
    Only blog advice I have, and ha, ha, thanks for asking is to just be yourself. Enjoy! My best to you, Martha from A Sense of Humor is Essential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' on the hatin'! You're doing great! Keep it up.

    As for traffic -- the way to get people to visit your blog is to visit theirs. The way to get them to come back is to be consistent.

    Good luck!
    Liz @ twenty-firstcenturyhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man. Thanks for dropping by Out-Numbered. I like what you're doing here. Shoot me an email and I can throw some suggestions your way... Peace. motherofdomi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete