Monday, January 25, 2010

Hatin on Ex's

This weekend I was watchin Dexter, that show on Showtime about the man that secretly kills evil people. Anyways, Rita (Dexter’s girlfriend) was having a girl’s night out with Debra (Dexter's sister). Rita was expressing how she missed her ex husband, the good things about him. Debra had some good advice...she said:

"It's not the person you miss, because you know he doesn't offer anything. It's the way he made you feel about yourself that's real."

What do ya'll think about this? Do you think it's true? I feel like just when I am finally gettin over an ex, someone else comes in my damn life and starts the whole damn cycle over again. Then you look back and have those days where you miss one/all of them. I felt like I was missin them all for different reasons, but I wasn't. I was missin each asshole for the same reason, that damn feelin was gone; secure, beautiful...happy. It wasn't their quirks, or their affection, but the happiness and excitement I felt from those things.

You can get a similar feelin from even just a damn stranger, granted it doesn't last as long. For example, I was in the elevator of my apartment building Saturday and one of the tenants looked over at me and said, "You are really pretty, but I bet you get that a lot." I said, "No I don't get that at all," which was a great conversation bust. It would've been better if he'd said I was fine as hell, but just him sayin that made me feel so damn beautiful...I was walkin on air. Even if this is a completely harmless situation, at least you have the happiness back. It may not last a long, but 5 minutes is better than nothing. I swear my elevator/apartment building is magical cause lightnin strikes every time I get in!

Lesson Of The Day: Find somethin that will make yourself happy without havin to rely on someone else.

1 comment: