Monday, April 11, 2011

Hatin On Letters

Well it's about time to move to the land of Oranges ya'll. I gotsta get outta this grease pit and move on to bigger and brighter pastures...Starbucks. My dream is to become a damn Starbucks barista. I will secretly admit that their coffee is not nearly as good as McD's, but I guess I will have to suck it up if I'm to become a famous barista. Anyways, as much as a despise the pits I have decided to bow out gracefully and professionally. The problem is I have no idea how to write a damn resignation letter. I've been googlin it like crazy and all I can find are these really formal ones. My boss and I are on a first name basis, so it would be extremely weird if all of a sudden I started writin "Mrs." or "Mr.". Below is an informal letter I found online, do you think this would be good enough to submit, or does it look like somethin you'd write in elementary school?

Dear (manager name),

I am writing you to officially tender my resignation from (company name) effective (last day of work). Working for (company name) has been a wonderful experience. I could not ask for a better group of colleagues. I have grown in many ways here and will always treasure the opportunities provided for me by (company name).

I will be relocating to (place) to pursue a new endeavor. While I will miss my friends here at (company name), I feel that it is time for a new challenge and experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes,

(your name)

Let me know your thoughts ya'll! Tomorrow is Idol night, so you better believe there will be some major hatin to do on Wednesday mornin...it just fuels my hate fire!

Lesson of the Day: If you walk into Starbuck and see your girl Harl, make sure to keep your order simple. I don't want none of that fancy bullshiz. Thank you and "Welcome to Starbucks"!

No comments:

Post a Comment